26. Don’t be afraid ________up for yourself.
A. to stand B. standing C. stand D. stands
27. He is very tall, so his height was an obvious ________ in the basketball team.
A. effect B. fault C. advantage D. position
28. Members of successful teams can ________ with one another often.
A. take B. get C. do D. communicate
29. Then, after she had become famous, he tried to make ________ with her.
A. talk B. speak C. contract D. contact
30. She was appointed to ________ the advertising campaign.
A. conduct B. do with C. change D. carry
31. ________ there by bike will take us half an hour.
A. Get B. To get C. Got D. Gets
32. It’s our duty ________ good care of the old.
A. take B. taking C. took D. to take
33. It’s kind of you ________ me with my English.
A. helped B. help C. to help D. helps
34. He couldn’t afford________ such an expensive apartment.
A. buying B. buy C. bought D. to buy
35. There are so many kinds of clothes on sale that I couldn’t make up my mind which one ________.
A. buy B. to buy C. buying D. buys
36. I find it difficult ________English well.
A. learn B. learning C. to learn D. learns
37. Father will not allow us ________on the street.
A. to play B. playing C. plays D. played
38. What I suggest is ________ the meeting.
A. put off B. to put off C. putting off
D. puts off
39. He ran so fast as ________ the first bus.
A. to catch B. catching C. caught D. catches
40. He searched the room only________ nothing.
A. find B. to find C. finding D. found
41. These and other considerations indicate how easily you can _______ the one you love without intending to do so.
A. damage B. hurt C. wound D. harm
42. He is a T.A. in the Department of English. T.A. means teaching ________.
A. assistance B. assistant C. associate D. assist
43. Lemons contain ________ vitamin C as oranges, as well as valuable vitamin B.
A. twice the amount of B. the twice amount of C. twice the number of D. the twice number of
44. Bill Clinton ________ George Bush for the presidency in 1992.
A. won B. gained C. beat D. hit
45. We ________ all our achievements ________ the teacher’s encouragement.
A. thank…to B. owing…to C. due…to D. owe…to
46. There are no failures in life, only those who ________ before success.
A. abandon B. forsake C. stop D. quit
47. She decided to _______ two years in the Peace Corps after she finished her degree.
A. serve for B. serve as C. serve up D. serve on
48. Technology is to the development of the modern society a matter of ________ importance.
A. depressing B. compelling C. suppressing D. supreme
49. It’s easy to ________ poor eating habits — but these can have a knock-on effect on your mood.
A. slip into B. slip out C. slip up D. slip off
50. Time can never ________ from us Chinese the sadness and heartache caused by World War II.
A. turn away B. give away C. wipe away D. put away赞赏