51. She says she ________ to Shanghai for several times.
A. would have been B. has gone C. has been D. is going
52. They are considering _______ before the prices go up.
A. of buying the house B. buying the house C. with buying the house D. to buy the house
53. While shopping, people sometimes can’t help ________ into buying something they don’t really need.
A. to persuade B. persuading C. being persuaded D. be persuaded
54. ________ with the picture, Mary tore it to pieces.
A. Dissatisfying thoroughly B. Being thoroughly dissatisfied
C. To dissatisfy thoroughly D. To be thoroughly dissatisfied
55. The secretary worked late into the night, ________ a long speech for the president.
A. to prepare B. preparing C. prepared D. was preparing
56. If I correct someone, I will do it with as much good humor and self-restraint as if I were the one ________.
A. to correct B. correcting C. having corrected D. being corrected
57. The wolf spoke in a ________ voice and Mr. Dongguo felt _______.
A. frightening; frightened B. frightened; frightened
C. frighten; frightening D. frightening; frightening
58. When I caught him _______ me I stopped buying things there and started dealing with another shop.
A. cheat B. cheating C. to cheat D. to be cheating
59. I can hardly imagine Peter _______ across the Atlantic Ocean in five days.
A. sail B. to sail C. sailing D. to have sailed
60. Did ________ on time make the teacher angry?
A. she not come B. she not to come C. not her coming D. her not coming
61. The teacher set the papers he was marking on one side and ________ his cigarettes and matches.
A. reached B. reached across C. reached into D. reached for
62. Those experiments have laid a solid foundation for his ________ research in material science.
A. far B. deeply C. farther D. further
63. I can ________ you that the animals are well cared for in our zoo, so you needn’t worry about them.
A. suppose B. assume C. assure D. grant
64. Once we have ________ the store, we shall owe money to no one.
A. paid in B. paid off C. paid over D. paid for
65. When he heard the news that his mother died, he ________ completely.
A. broke away B. broke up C. broke down D. broke out
66. No medical worker is allowed to ________ any narcotic drug (麻醉药品) for him/ herself.
A. prescribe B. transcribe C. scribble D. describe
67. I am quite busy every day. You can imagine how ________ I feel with my duties sometimes.
A. overflowed B. overthrown C. overwhelmed D. overturned
68. Winning or losing is temporary, but friendship ________.
A. expects B. lasts C. remains D. lives
69. Peter, whom everyone suspected, ________ to be innocent.
A. turned out B. turned off C. turned up D. turned over
70. That big dictionary ________ Tom two hundred dollars.
A. spent B. paid C. cost D. took
71. There was an earthquake happened, ________ 100 people and with more than 300 ________.
A. killing; injured B. killed; injured C. killed; injuring D. killing; injuring
72. ________ in the company for three years, Mark has become experienced in business negotiations.
A. Worked B. Have been working C. Have worked D. Having worked
73. ________ by the failure of the project, the manager could hardly say a word.
A. To be shocked B. Shocked C. Be shocked D. Shocking
74. The sales manager had his secretary ________ a press conference for their new products.
A. arrange B. to arrange C. have arranged D. arranged
75. The scientists wanted to keep people ________ about the breakthrough in their experiment. A. inform B. informed C. informing D. to inform