76. ________ twice, the postman refused to deliver our letters unless we chained our dog.
A. Bitten B. Being bitten C. Having bitten D. To be bitten
77. ________ by a large audience, he felt very nervous and didn’t know what to say.
A. Watching B. Watch C. Watched D. Having watched
78. Having been told that her son died in the accident, the old woman appeared very calm, as if nothing ________.
A. happened B. were happened C. was happened D. had happened
79. ________ from space, our earth, with water covering 70% of its surface, appears as a “blue planet”.
A. Seeing B. To be seen C. Seen D. Having seen
80. We are going to have our office _________ to make room for a new engineer.
A. to rearrange B. rearranged C. rearrange D. rearranging
81. Refugees (难民) everywhere lead ________ lives.
A. poor B. miserable C. bad D. dirty
- I would ________ any weakness, any despair, any fear.
A. overcome B. keep C. maintain D. remain
- Her dedication to her work was ________.
A. hardworking B. respective C. admirable D. energetic
- After months of disappointment, his ________ was finally rewarded.
A. efforts B. achievements C. perseverance D. hope
- I feel ________ to see my students’ progress.
A. exciting B. hurt C. unhappy D. heartened
86. They were ________ to find the driver was a six-year-old boy.
A. astonishing B. astonished C. excited D. exciting
87. Mary’s sudden death would be a ________ blow to her mother.
A. crushing B. crushed C. hard D. painless
88. The unexpected blow did not ________ his resolution.
A. realize B. stagger C. lighten D. insist
- Don’t take on more responsibilities than you can ________.
A. deal B. cope C. dispose D. handle
- It doesn’t ________ to me whether you come here.
A. matter B. fit C. suit D. apply
91. She sometimes does things ________ just to annoy me.
A. in purpose B. on purpose C. in intention D. by chance
92. She chose to be the princess ________ the whole nation.
A. on behalf of B. in behalf of C. for behalf D. on behalf for
93. We must ________ view problems superficially and in isolation.
A. in no account B. on no accounts C. in no accounts D. on no account
94. Many diseases may ________ our diet.
A. result from B. result in C. lead to D. draw from
95. In a severe winter, wild animals can ________ lack of food.
A. die from B. die of C. survive from D. derive from
96. ________ her illnesses, she had had a particularly happy childhood.
A. Except that B. Except for C. In addition D. Except in
- ________ the bad weather, the meeting was put off.
A. Regardless B. In spite of C. Because of D. Because
98. Language reflects a society ________.
A. to some extent B. in some extent C. in some degree D. on some degree
99. She wants to keep up ________ the current affairs.
A. on B. with C. for D. in
100. He is sincere and easy to get along ________. A. for B. in C. to D. with
BCDAA CDADB ACBDD ACDAD ABCDD ACDDD ADCDB BABBB BBBCB AADAC DACBA DABDC DDDDC ACBAC ADBAC CCDAC AACAD BACDA BAAAA BCCBD