51. Would you please pass me the book ________ cover is black?
A. which B. whose C. that D. its
52. The advertising company recently hired a designer ________ had once won a prize in a national contest.
A. whose B. which C. whom D. who
53. It is important to provide an environment ________ people are encouraged to make suggestions at all levels of the company.
A. from which B. on which C. in which D. for which
54. News came from the sales manager ________ the new product had been selling well in the local market for three months.
A. whose B. what C. which D. that
55. Once more I have to leave Beijing, ________ I have been living for eight years.
A. that B. where C. which D. as
56. I will never forget the ten years ________ we both spent in the little village.
A. when B. during which C. which D. in which
57. ________ plenty of water in this river.
A. There used to being B. There used to be C. There is used to being D. There was used to be
58. What a pity, my new computer doesn’t work. ________ must be something wrong with it.
A. It B. This C. There D. That
59. If the storm had happened in the day-time, there ________ many more deaths.
A. were B. would be C. had been D. would have been
60. ________ Mary with a baby in her arms just when I was about to leave.
A. There entered B. There enter C. Entered there D. There entered into
61. You’d better ________ your father first.
A. to ask B. ask C. asking D. asked
62. I must go there earlier. John has suggested that I ________ an hour before the discussion begins.
A. goes B. shall go C. will go D. should go
63. He was very busy yesterday; otherwise, he ________ to the meeting.
A. would come B. will come C. came D. would have come
64. If I ________ the money, I would have bought a much bigger car.
A. possessed B. owned C. had D. had had
65. The law requires that everyone ________ his car checked at least once a year.
A. has B. had C. have D. will have
66. The guard at the gate insisted that everyone __________ the rules.
A. obeys B. obey C. will obey D. would obey
67. ________ the fog, we should have reached our school.
A. Because of B. In spite of C. In case of D. But for
68. I can’t stand him. He always talks as though he ________ everything.
A. knew B. knows C. has known D. had known
69. Helen couldn’t go to France after all. That’s too bad. I’m sure she would have enjoyed it if ________.
A. she’s gone B. she’ll go C. she’d gone D. she’d go
70. I do not have a job. I would find one but I ________ no time.
A. had B. didn’t have C. had had D. have
71. John has just arrived, but he talks as if he
________about what happened just now.
A. know B. knows C. known D. knew
72. In case I ________, I would have another try.
A. will fail B. would fail C. should fail D. shall fail
73. If only everything ________ out as my parents wanted it to in their life.
A. is working B. worked C. works D. has worked
74. ________ I will go to find you all the same.
A. Were it cold or hot B. Be it cold or hot C. Whether cold or hot D. Being cold or hot
75. We have been sitting doing nothing about it for days. It is time we ________ the problem.
A. shakes hands with B. go to solve C. got to solve D. should have shaken hands with赞赏